As part of my goals i am to make a new bread recipe every week.. Last night i made a very easy yummy bread! It was a little wholewheat so that counts right??
I got the original recipe from here at moneysavingmom.com.. although i did change it some for our taste.. and since we still do not have an oven we went ahead and used the machine instead of taking it out.. (IT did rise FULL to the top..so be aware!)
Homemade Wheat Bread
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F.)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
Put all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed.
Put on wheat bread and LIGHT crust.. and walk AWAY~:) it was soo good!
One of my monthly goals was to try a new recipe.. I decided to take it a bit more and I am doing a snack and a meal .. SO for the snack i choose No bake Granola bars.. (got the recipe here… http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/09/chewy-no-bake-granola-bars.html )
OOH my goodness they were soo yummy!
No bake granola bars
I made it part of school so the boys helped..
(due to not reading the entire directions first.. i added the choco chips BEFORE i was supposed to..thus the more choco look)
The only part that had to be “cooked” was the honey and brown sugar..
Needless to say I quickly wrapped each one (after they cooled of course) in wax paper in hopes i would not devor them ALL!:) NO more store bought granola for us.. these will be made again!
Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars
Makes 24 bars (9″x13″ pan)
- 2 ½ cups Rice Krispies (if you want to make these healthier, you can use plain puffed rice cereal)
- 1 ¾ cups quick oats (regular rolled oats work too)
- ¼ cup
wheat germ (or ground flax seed, wheat bran, or additional oats)
- ½ cup additional mix-in ingredients, optional (i.e. shredded coconut, chopped nuts, raisins or other dried fruit, sesame or sunflower seeds, etc.)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar (or sucanat)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine first 4 dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, brown sugar and salt. Over medium-low heat, stir until the mixture comes to a complete boil for 30-60 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before mixing in the chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan and let cool before cutting into bars.
These freeze well!!
let me know if you try them!