So we have been planing and preparing for months now..(like really MONTHS!) and last week we headed out on our 11 day vacation… we had planned 2 different stays, 1 theme park, a beach stay, and so many memories we could only dream!
First we had to set a date, and budget and decided what we were going! date: sept 11-22, Budget: 1500, stay: Jetty Park for 4 days & Fort Wilderness for 7.
Then became the concept of tenting with 4 littles ones 7 and under and me being pregnant (21 weeks along).. then tenting didn’t sound so fabulous:/ God always put those in your path at the right time. As we were toying with the idea Joels grandparents offered their RV for us to use.. HOLY MOLY! YES!!!!
It is perfect!! And although it took a minute to figure out how to pack it we did.. And after arranging how the kids were gonna sleep and where food for 11 days was going to be stored..(we didn’t tow a car) we were off… for our 7 hour adventure. We left thursday at around 7:00, ran by subway and ate on the way…
We broke our normal routine of no movies.. and ended up laying the table down into a bed and laid the 3 older ones there for the main part of the trip with a movie playing! By 9 they were wore out and feel asleep. Joel and i lasted until midnight and had to pull off and sleep in a rest area. I had a meal plan and had cereal ready for a quick and easy breakfast so we could get back on the road. By 11:00 we arrive in Cocoa beach! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We set up and ventured out.
How do we bike ride with 4 kids?!?! Well Levi can ride without training wheels so he rides solo, Selah rode behind me in a carrier, and Judah and Lydia rode in the pull behind – kid carrier.. We borrowed it from a friend.. HUGE life saver.
Stumbling blocks… first 2 days…
- the refrigerator .. for a family our size we had to be strategically plan our cold stuff. first trip and then a mid week stop
- we are all about lists. We planned the first 4 days at cocoa so only planned cold food for that. Then we headed to walmart for the rest on our way to Disney!
- sleeping arrangements.. with a pack – n play we had to figure out where all was going to stay. *the top is not a bunk its a TV center
- we laid down the table and placed the pack-n-play and selah on the table and then the boys on the pull out couch..
- bathing kids in bath house -without a dry place to put them
- this has been the hardest part, CAUSE you know i wasn’t gonna sit the girls down on the ground. What I have done is taken the double stroller, in the handicap stall and bathed Selah first.. then myself while Lydia sits in the stroller. Then I clean her and get all of us dressed. Its been hard cause I wanted to clean them both first but when i put Lydia on me i was still sandy. So this works the best! SOO grateful for my double stroller!!!
There has been so many wonderful things. Like using the shower in the RV for the dirty laundry, and on the hanging bar I have a large outside trash bag *we go through a lot of trash:) Having TV in the RV.. great for nights when the kids are asleep! AC… *REMEMBER i am very pregnant:) And the bathroom 1 step away at night:)
Cant wait to share the rest of our trip with you! I am going to try to post every couple of days with tips:)
hope you enjoy!