While on our vacation we always try to pick one park we will visit. Why one?!? Well there are 6 of us and currently 4 paying.. so that would be around $390 for us to ENTER a park.. EACH one. So we start talking about it WAY in advance and let the kids pick. This year SeaWorld was picked. Problem for us was that it is OFF disney property and we were not towing a car. SO we had to plan and get creative!
First thing.. We had to get tickets. We posted on Facebook and got the word out that we were wanting to go there and soon had tickets.. 4 for $90. **YALL that is the price of ONE!! Planning ahead and preparing helped us. – a friend of a friend works there and was able to get us discounted tickets.
After the big ticket item was over we had to get there.. we had a few options
- taxi – we are a family of 6 with 4 in carseats.. this would have costed A LOT!
- limo – uh yeah right
- rent-a-car for like a 15 minute ride.. one way.. NOPE!
- Lynx – city bus.
We choice the last option. We had read on different discussion boards that there was a lynx bus that was at the Disney transportation center #50. So we called our front desk..(they were NO help) so we looked up bus routes and found it to be true. Then the hunt of how to arrive there. We could take a disney bus there.. but that would take forever and mean we would have to transfer buses xxx times. So we got creative.
From Fort Wilderness Campground – Disney transportation center- SeaWorld
- arrive at marinas
- take the disney world boat
- get on the ferry that goes to the transportation center
- wait for the #50 lynx city bus
We left at 7:15 from our campsite and arrived at the transportation center in plenty of time for the 8:00 bus. Then we took the bus to SeaWorld. If you get motion sickness DONT ride in the back:( this may or may not have happened. Since it was so early there were limited stops and it was really a smiple ride. We arrived at 9:05 which is only 3 minutes pass our goal.
Tips for the park:
- you can take in coolers. I didn’t know and didn’t plan accordingly:( i had a few water bottles and a few snack ziploc baggies for the kids .. but i saw TONS of people with soft coolers filled with subway subs..*slightly jealous
- try and catch the dolphin show IT IS AMAZING!
- the kiddy area is great for under 8 kids.. a small roller coster and a few kiddy rides and a HUGE playground.
- there is a small splash pad area.. we choose not to do this one.
NOW to find our way home…. We didn’t know that we had to catch the bus ON THE OTHER side of the road to head back to the disney transportation center. So we missed our first bus..(THAT was really frustrating) But we figured it out and ended up catching the next one 30 minutes later. This is what we looked like.. a sight uh!??! 🙂
But with only that minor hiccup we made it back to Disney! On the way home it was a bit more crowed *it was 6:30.
Cost was cheap.
As of Sept 2014 children under 8 are free and adults are $2.00. Not bad!! 🙂
Hope this helps someone who is traveling there:)