While we were in full packing mode and gearing up mode, I got this crazy idea to give each kid a bag full of DISNEY goodies. Each one was specific to the child and full of activities. We also got the magic bands cause we stayed on property so we gave that to them at the same time. While most of you are thinking.. UH WHY!?! We choose to do this for many reasons…
- We are camping and we have a bunch of ‘down’ time *AMEN!!!! so this simple bag allowed us to say ‘go get your goodie bag and do something quiet please. Because while at disney you go, go, go the kids need down time.
- It curved the cost of ‘treats’ throughout the trip. Each child made/earned 35$ leading up to the trip. They did this by doing extra chores around the house. So yes they got to spend their $$, but we never once spent $ that wasn’t already planned .. for example food or our christmas ornament & magnet tradition.
- They each had their own.. NO FIGHTING!:)
- who doesn’t want a bag full of DISNEY stuff?!?!!
- It was fun to present to each child seomthign i knew we could afford and they would love. It saved the conversation.. we don’t have $25 hundred dollars for that doll sweetie… instead they had a bunch of new stuff that was disney related and they didn’t feel the need to get anything else
After we arrived and set up camp we presented the bags to them…..
Each child got an activity and a shirt. The shirts were factions of the cost. Selahs was from walmart and cost only $5.00. The boys really wanted matching things so we got theirs at the disney outlet store in orlando for $10.00 each.
YOU would never believe these little things kept them busy SO much of the time! Levi put his puzzle together I think 10 times and Selah loved putting the frozen stickers on her note pad. Judah loved his pencil that clicked and the Mickey notepad. They would use them when they got up, while we were making breakfast, nap/quiet time, after dinner while we cleaned up. We would see them go and pull their bag and do an activity. OOH an the little disney friends were a HUGE hit by all 3 of them! ALL the items – minus the shirts and the one matchbox car was purchased at the $ store. Even the bags!
So would i DO it again. YEP you better believe it!
Just a tip to keeping your spending cost low while at disney!!
Total for all we got for 3 bags was $38.00 Would have been cheaper if we opted out of the shirts or gotten the boys random shirts at walmart.. but they like to match!:)
Have you done goodie bags before?!?
This morning I woke in a funk.. not a normal yucky funk.. but a URG kind.. FOR NO REASON.. With Joels help I was able to get all the kids dressed, fed and out the door by 8:30 for Judah’s soccer pictures and game at 9:10. Success.. expect half way there my car overheated.. I was at a stop sign so I turned it off… AND THEN could not restart the dumb thing. I was in slight panic mode but had quickly devised a plan to get the kids arocc the street and then to wait for Joel. ONLY problem he was on his way to work. 😦 So I finally got the van started and then quickly drove home. Poor Judah was sad, I was bummed and Lydia was screaming.
I held Judah for awhile and my heart hurt as he sat FULLY dressed *in uniform, outside ‘thinking’. He had a perfect idea .. “mom if we lived on a farm we could just ride our horse there’. Yes baby we could..
I decided I needed a heart adjustment so with lemon oil diffusing in my house I began to unpack all our FALL stuff. CAUSE come-on fall makes you think happy and grateful things right?!?! Judah helped and within minutes all the kids were and we were laughing and making our one table very “Fall-ish”.
I also prayed for a gentle heart and a grateful heart for the rest of the day.. filled with fun and smiles. We finished our ‘table’ and I think we ALL did a great job! Hello, FALL!!
over my sink! Picture taken by Heather Crawford
These next two pictures are by far my favorite pieces on the whole table.. *please realize i am waiting to get pictures from this year to add to the bottom of the frame:)
Last year we were pregnant with Lydia and my small group did this for us at our shower!
Last year we hosted Thanksgiving and the boys made this for our table.. I love the way they wrote and cut it out!! Perfect 3 & 6 year old handiwork! SOO glad i saved it!
So far our day has turned out better. Sometimes you just need to make lemonade out of lemons or pumpkin bread out of pumpkins!! So thankful for season changes here!!!
SO we just finished our 11 day camping trip with 4 kids under 7 and 22 weeks with #5. And although we did use a camper, there were things I will never leave home without!
- A stroller – we LOVE our Phil and Ted A MUST have:)
- a backpack.. for showers and for leaving …. traveling about:)
- if you have under 2 kids – a travel highchair
- color coded water cups for each child. *saves from fights!!
- REALLY color coded everything.. from towels to bathroom bags, to snack cups.. we do this at home and it easily transferred to home!
- and my most important tip is ziploc baggie. like no joke. these things are my saving grace. I use them for left overs, dirty clothes, to hold clean clothes in the diaper bag, for wet things, for food/snacks, for keep things dry – wallet, keys, camera.. and the list goes on we purchased 2 packs of 30 from walmart and id say the BEST investment!!!
i purchased the walmart brand!
- And lastly if you are staying at the fort.. i would suggest a golf cart. They have some you can rent from disney but they are WAY out of our $$ range.. SO we opted to rent off site.. We had great success with Tee time golf rentals.. AMAZING! They are about 1/2 the price and the cart worked great! We have 4 little ones and the 4 seater worked great BUT if you have older kids you might want to get the 8 seater..(we will be for our next trip) DONT Facebook them but do call…. They will return your call within 2 hours and are super easy to work with!
maybe too many people:( BUT SOO MUCH FUN!
although there are a ton of things that you should bring and could bring. These are my favorite!!!
hope they help!
We recently returned from our yearly vacation.. it was sooo much fun! We did Disney again this year (it is our 6th time going since we got married 9.5 years ago). Many have asked what we did the whole 7 days. We only went to 1 theme park *SeaWorld – tips and transportation are here. We enjoying relaxing and not always on the go. We do things a bit more slow.. and we love it!!
We stayed on property at Fort Wilderness and camped in a Camper… *we have always done tenting but were blessed this year to borrow one. So what did we do?!?!
- bike riding tons of trails and sidewalks everywhere
- swimming pools *with splash pads for the kids & a slide for the big kids of ALL ages:)
- Horse barn – with pony rides for $5.00
- visiting the other hotels – getting to ride all the modes of transportation offered!!! *kids favorite!
A traditional picture! *since i was a little girl. This is taken at the Contemporary Hotel
riding the monorail
- Going to the camp fire sing-a-long and movie under the stars & you get to meet Chip and Date
- canoeing -these can be rented at the bike barn *as of 9/14 it was $6.50 for half an hour
- We rented a golf cart and took it to all the different sites and saw all the wild animals and the different decorations there were displayed by other campers.
We rented ours off site for a cheaper price (like almost half!)
We also did a little of this..
playing in the dirt, sidewalk chalk, building “traps” in the sand, relaxing, coloring, and just spending some down time together!
For us that is what vacation is. Spending time together ..just being together! Hope this helps someone!
While on our vacation we always try to pick one park we will visit. Why one?!? Well there are 6 of us and currently 4 paying.. so that would be around $390 for us to ENTER a park.. EACH one. So we start talking about it WAY in advance and let the kids pick. This year SeaWorld was picked. Problem for us was that it is OFF disney property and we were not towing a car. SO we had to plan and get creative!
First thing.. We had to get tickets. We posted on Facebook and got the word out that we were wanting to go there and soon had tickets.. 4 for $90. **YALL that is the price of ONE!! Planning ahead and preparing helped us. – a friend of a friend works there and was able to get us discounted tickets.
After the big ticket item was over we had to get there.. we had a few options
- taxi – we are a family of 6 with 4 in carseats.. this would have costed A LOT!
- limo – uh yeah right
- rent-a-car for like a 15 minute ride.. one way.. NOPE!
- Lynx – city bus.
We choice the last option. We had read on different discussion boards that there was a lynx bus that was at the Disney transportation center #50. So we called our front desk..(they were NO help) so we looked up bus routes and found it to be true. Then the hunt of how to arrive there. We could take a disney bus there.. but that would take forever and mean we would have to transfer buses xxx times. So we got creative.
From Fort Wilderness Campground – Disney transportation center- SeaWorld
- arrive at marinas
- take the disney world boat
- get on the ferry that goes to the transportation center
- wait for the #50 lynx city bus
We left at 7:15 from our campsite and arrived at the transportation center in plenty of time for the 8:00 bus. Then we took the bus to SeaWorld. If you get motion sickness DONT ride in the back:( this may or may not have happened. Since it was so early there were limited stops and it was really a smiple ride. We arrived at 9:05 which is only 3 minutes pass our goal.
Tips for the park:
- you can take in coolers. I didn’t know and didn’t plan accordingly:( i had a few water bottles and a few snack ziploc baggies for the kids .. but i saw TONS of people with soft coolers filled with subway subs..*slightly jealous
- try and catch the dolphin show IT IS AMAZING!
- the kiddy area is great for under 8 kids.. a small roller coster and a few kiddy rides and a HUGE playground.
- there is a small splash pad area.. we choose not to do this one.
NOW to find our way home…. We didn’t know that we had to catch the bus ON THE OTHER side of the road to head back to the disney transportation center. So we missed our first bus..(THAT was really frustrating) But we figured it out and ended up catching the next one 30 minutes later. This is what we looked like.. a sight uh!??! 🙂
selah sleeping, judah ‘resting’, levi playing with leaves, lydia straving:)
But with only that minor hiccup we made it back to Disney! On the way home it was a bit more crowed *it was 6:30.
Cost was cheap.
As of Sept 2014 children under 8 are free and adults are $2.00. Not bad!! 🙂
Hope this helps someone who is traveling there:)
So we have been planing and preparing for months now..(like really MONTHS!) and last week we headed out on our 11 day vacation… we had planned 2 different stays, 1 theme park, a beach stay, and so many memories we could only dream!
First we had to set a date, and budget and decided what we were going! date: sept 11-22, Budget: 1500, stay: Jetty Park for 4 days & Fort Wilderness for 7.
Then became the concept of tenting with 4 littles ones 7 and under and me being pregnant (21 weeks along).. then tenting didn’t sound so fabulous:/ God always put those in your path at the right time. As we were toying with the idea Joels grandparents offered their RV for us to use.. HOLY MOLY! YES!!!!
It is perfect!! And although it took a minute to figure out how to pack it we did.. And after arranging how the kids were gonna sleep and where food for 11 days was going to be stored..(we didn’t tow a car) we were off… for our 7 hour adventure. We left thursday at around 7:00, ran by subway and ate on the way…
We broke our normal routine of no movies.. and ended up laying the table down into a bed and laid the 3 older ones there for the main part of the trip with a movie playing! By 9 they were wore out and feel asleep. Joel and i lasted until midnight and had to pull off and sleep in a rest area. I had a meal plan and had cereal ready for a quick and easy breakfast so we could get back on the road. By 11:00 we arrive in Cocoa beach! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We set up and ventured out.
How do we bike ride with 4 kids?!?! Well Levi can ride without training wheels so he rides solo, Selah rode behind me in a carrier, and Judah and Lydia rode in the pull behind – kid carrier.. We borrowed it from a friend.. HUGE life saver.
Stumbling blocks… first 2 days…
- the refrigerator .. for a family our size we had to be strategically plan our cold stuff. first trip and then a mid week stop
- we are all about lists. We planned the first 4 days at cocoa so only planned cold food for that. Then we headed to walmart for the rest on our way to Disney!
- sleeping arrangements.. with a pack – n play we had to figure out where all was going to stay. *the top is not a bunk its a TV center
- we laid down the table and placed the pack-n-play and selah on the table and then the boys on the pull out couch..
- bathing kids in bath house -without a dry place to put them
- this has been the hardest part, CAUSE you know i wasn’t gonna sit the girls down on the ground. What I have done is taken the double stroller, in the handicap stall and bathed Selah first.. then myself while Lydia sits in the stroller. Then I clean her and get all of us dressed. Its been hard cause I wanted to clean them both first but when i put Lydia on me i was still sandy. So this works the best! SOO grateful for my double stroller!!!
There has been so many wonderful things. Like using the shower in the RV for the dirty laundry, and on the hanging bar I have a large outside trash bag *we go through a lot of trash:) Having TV in the RV.. great for nights when the kids are asleep! AC… *REMEMBER i am very pregnant:) And the bathroom 1 step away at night:)
Cant wait to share the rest of our trip with you! I am going to try to post every couple of days with tips:)
hope you enjoy!
Yes it is a month over-due.. but better late than never right?!:)
Here are our first day pictures *yes they were actually take the day of..its getting it on here that took the time:)
Levi is in 2nd grade
He will be using:
Phonics – Horizons
Spelling – Horizons
Handwriting – Horizons
*yes we like them!
Science- Answers in Genesis
History/Bible – Mystery of History
Outside learning: Farm Fusion!!
Judah will be in pre-k 4
He will be doing
Letter of the week *a free program
with the prek 4 supplements
Science- Answers in Genesis
History/Bible – Mystery of History
Selah will be in pre-k2 *whatever that is!!
Her learning involves a ton of hands on..flash-card and pom pom matching
and we are introducing Letter of the week (for her ABC’s)
And she has busy bags that keep her busy!!
I am so excited about this new school year. With all the fun adds we have done i Cant wait!