So part of my goals is to try a new recipe each week..tonight was the first one:) Thank you Pinterest!
I did 1/2 the recipe (for my Family of 5, there was PENTY!!!!!!!) I served it with grits and OJ!:) All three kids and Superman LOVED it! SOOO id say success! The picture makes it look soupy.. it wasnt.. it was more of a solid! BUT ooh so yummy- stated “taco”!!!
Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained (did not use)
6 green onions, sliced (did not use.. superman isnt a fan of Onions)
1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set. (IF making only 1/2 it will take 2 hours on HIGH)
Cook’s Tip: Substitute 1 cup chopped fresh tomato for sun dried tomatoes, if desired.
Substitute 1 pkg. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled for Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles.
12 servings (about 1 cup each)
*** REMEMBER this makes a BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!